5 Work Comp Truisms – OMCA
- Smaller is better when it comes to effective work comp provider networks.
- Discounts off fee schedules are less important than having a physician who wants to treat injured workers, reduces repeat visits and will communicate with all stakeholders.
- Treating physicians will voluntarily change their treatment plan if presented with alternatives by specialty match UR physicians using scientific-based medical evidence.
- Narcotics are the common thread in almost all problematic work comp claims.
- Old complex workers’ comp claims can’t be fixed overnight. Resolving these “ugly files” requires a commitment to eliminate an abusive prescription/ ineffective medical procedure, one remedial step at a time. This can happen only with aggressive peer monitoring of the treating physician.
Call us, We can do better.