15 Deaths Equal: One Suspended License
The Cincinnati Enquirer recently reports on the medical license suspension of a family practice doctor in Northern KY. I’m going to list some of the alleged infractions:
- Asked a 17 year old patient for a date,
- Accepted cocaine in exchange for pain drugs,
- Failed to follow up on discrepancies in drug screen results,
- Pre-signed over 300 blank prescriptions,
- Ignored KASPER requirements,
- Was a top prescriber of OxyCodone,
Now what am I forgetting….Oh yes, 15 of his patients recently died from prescription drug overdoses!!
The Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure is doing better.
Posted in OMCA