Tale of the Dog That Bit You
A story from KTLA-Los Angeles and WCDefenseCA about a law enforcement sting of an infamous clinic, revealed several odd protocols:
- Receptionist expects a $50 cash tip;
- The physician provides a menu of narcotics from which to choose;
- “How about some Valium, Xanax, Vicodin, Oxycodone…What were you looking for?” asks the MD;
- On the street, the provider is known as the “Go to Doctor”;
- Actual exams and taking of vitals is optional.
Oh, I almost forgot. The physician overlooked the tail in the dog x-ray that the undercover deputy provided as proof of injury! “Oh yeah, I can see why you’re in pain,” the physician is purported to have said.
Yes, controlling who is in your network is very important. But maybe not as important as who you keep out of your network.